Liberty Force
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mary's Survival trip Journal!

Go down

Mary's Survival trip Journal! Empty Mary's Survival trip Journal!

Post  Foxienne Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:15 am

Day 1:

This morning I was teleported into the rainforest of Madagascar!

I took a few more things with me than the planned five items, I took with me a radio for communication in case something happens, a knife, a tinderbox, a flask, a flash light, a tablet to write my journal on, some water purification tablets and something Tanis gave me.

The first day was interesting, I found a good place to build a shelter which I did and managed to find some things to eat, mostly plants. There is a small rived close by in which I might try to catch some fish or something.

I didn't have much luck starting a fire in this damp place but I think I can manage without one for a day.

Foxienne

Back to top Go down

Mary's Survival trip Journal! Empty Re: Mary's Survival trip Journal!

Post  Foxienne Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:45 am

Day 2:

Didn't get much sleep at all, the insects and god know what else flies and crawls around here makes it almost impossible to sleep, it's a good thing I build it off the ground I think, don't even want to think about what crawls there at night.

Tried catching some fish but without much success, I must admit I'm getting a bit hungry now and the plants and fruits I found don't taste that good, might try to set some traps for the evening.

I figured I don't actually have anything as bait for a trap so will have to look for some tomorrow morning, hopefully I will manage to get some sleep tonight.

At least I managed to make a nice fire which will keep me a bit warmer and hopefully keeps some of the larger insects away maybe.

Foxienne

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxienne Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:01 am

Day 3:

Had a few hours of sleep at least, something bit me but I couldn't find out what it was, good thing I'm kinda immune to most venoms I guess.

Been fishing again, used one of my spines and attached it to a stick, took many tries but I caught myself a big fish, I cleaned it and prepared it for cooking.

Had some fun exploring the forest, saw some very cool locations and something that looks like a cave which I might explore later this week, my costume got snatched by a branch but I made temporary repairs when I came back to my camp, yes people, I had to walk through the forest half naked, happy? /emote grin.

Made a fire again, I'm getting good at it! The fish was amazing, maybe because I was like really hungry! Saving the leftovers for tomorrow morning, will finally get some breakfast.

Foxienne

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxienne Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:11 am

Day 4:

This morning a Lemur was going through my stuff, it looked young and lost but unafraid, it looked at me with pleading eyes and eventually I gave in and shared some of the fish I caught yesterday.

I started looking for more food and the Lemur followed me around till his family came looking for it, it looked at me like it was saying thank you before running off, it was really cute! But now I feel a bit lonely again.

Didn't find much food and didn't manage to catch another fish, I can feel my body getting weaker from the lack of nutritions but I'm not ready to give up.

I finally found some fruits I can eat but when I came back to my camp I found my stuff all over the place, I wonder of the lemur family went through my things to find more food, even worse was that it started to rain and with no shelter I decided to go to that cave I found a few days ago, maybe I can shelter from the rain at least.

I gathered all my things and went to the cave, I must have slipped somewhere and tumbled down, at least the tablet survived, not sure if the radio still works. I used the flash light to find my way back up but with it being night it's impossible to see where the entrance was. I decided to stay here and try to get some sleep, and heal up further, I got myself injured on the way down and with the lack of food I'm having a hard time healing myself, hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Foxienne

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxienne Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:30 am

Day 5:

I feel miserable, no food, no water, still stuck in this cave... at least the tablet still works!
I used the batteries from Ivana's gift to power the flash light as it ran out of juice.

I found a stream of water running down the walls of the cave, I guess it's still raining outside, I drank as much water as possible and filled my flask, which seems to be leaking, it must have taken some damage when falling down.

I found out the tablet has voice control, it even speaks back! Something called Cleverbot or something... I must be going crazy as I started having conversations with it.... I also found out it can be rather rude.

Somehow my conversation with my tablet convinced me to try to climb out of the cave, after some struggling I managed to find my way up to end up outside in the rain.

It kept raining for hours and I'm still soaked and cold, no change of starting a fire now either, at least I found some insects to eat, it was aweful! But it's better than starving I guess, I can feel my body trying to survive by drawing resources from other parts of my body. I think I lost some weight as well.

I took off my wet clothes and hung them to dry, not that they will dry much in this damp place, not when the sun is going down.

Managed to make something of a new shelter for the night, at least I will be off the ground and kinda dry if it starts to rain again, hung my clothes under it as well, hopefully I can get at least a few hours of sleep without any insects or worse trying to eat my alive without my clothes on.

Foxienne

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxienne Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:49 am

Day 6:

Just two more days to go, hang in there Mary!

Woke up and there was this Lemur again, sitting on top of me with some kind of fruit, he, or at least I think it's a he, left it beside me before quickly running of.
Maybe it was a thank you token for giving it food earlier on my trip, at least I'm not complaining and dug right in, it was not the tastiest of fruits but who cares, when you're this hungry everything tastes like a three course meal.

Me clothes didn't dry much during the night and decided to leave them hanging to dry in the sun while I talked some more to the Tablet, I know it's not sentient and everyone will probably think I lost it but it's strangely comforting to hear a voice that responds to mine.

Decided to take a bath in a nearby stream, I read that they have crocodiles but they are very rare, of course I find one! It was a pretty small one but it hurt non the less, I fought it of with my spines but I'm still healing slowly. If it wasn't for my regenerative abilities it would have been dead by now, that idea sends chills up my spine. At least I get to find out what crocodile tastes like.

Finally a fire and some food, my clothes are dry and things are looking better, crocodile does indeed taste like chicken and there should be plenty left to get my through my final day, I just hope they can teleport me back with the radio being broken and all.

Foxienne

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxienne Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:01 am

Day 7:

Last day!

I had a very good sleep but when I woke up this morning I could just see a predator that kinda looked like a cat run of with the remainder of my chicken-croc! I didn't feel like chasing it and I'm sure I was going to make it through the day anyway.

Decided to gather all my stuff and go for a walk before I would be teleported back, see some of the scenery and stuff.

Found a waterfall than leads to a like a pond and decided to take one last bath now I still can, you don't get to take baths in nature like this every day you know! And I thought it would be nice if I didn't look like I went through hell when I get back.

Found some nice fruits to eat while I wait for the teleportation back to the base which didn't came, I hope they haven't forgotten about me.

More talking to my Tablet while I started a fire and made a new shelter for the night, I guess the broken radio is preventing them from getting a lock on me or something. I'm worried.

Day 8:

I was teleported this morning! I guess it wasn't really 7 days if got back yesterday. I'm glad I'm back but I found a whole new appreciation for nature and will respect it forever.

Foxienne

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down