Liberty Force
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leadership Poll

4 posters

Go down

Leadership Poll Empty Leadership Poll

Post  Aerial Assault Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:52 am

Following last week's discussion, I have made this poll.

There will be two parts to this poll, the first will involved gathering everyone's opinion on how leadership should be managed (Serious suggestions only)

The second will actually be voting for our favorite.

Before the second part can begin, we must go through the first part.

Please put your suggestions here.

My initial suggestion is for a leadership that still retains multiple leaders, but each given distinct areas that they oversee. There is also a fourth leader, who acts more as a mediator and the final decision maker.
Aerial Assault
Aerial Assault

Back to top Go down

Leadership Poll Empty Re: Leadership Poll

Post  Thunderar Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:15 pm

((I wasn't at the in game meeting so don't know what was discussed there but I thought it was Solar would handle the newbies, Iron the overall leader and AA the paperwork or rather how the public would view them all I assume?

Regardless though I do like the multiple leader thing, what categories and how many there should be obviously needs more discussion but before that, was wondering if this is our characters voting for who they think is best or what?))
Thunderar
Thunderar

Back to top Go down

Post  Aerial Assault Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:37 pm

((More or less. If your character thinks the current system is best, then they can put that on the table and vote for that. Though, if they have any ideas of their own they're free to share))
Aerial Assault
Aerial Assault

Back to top Go down

Post  oreso Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:48 am

Greetings, my friends,

I believe initiative is a more crucial quality than leadership. Individual heroes should feel able to champion their own causes as well as supporting the causes of others and mentoring our less-experienced heroes, without answering to a 'higher tier' of Liberty Force member.

Decisions that affect us all can be voted for, as we are doing now.

Those members who are at a loss can simply ask our more experienced members for guidance, without them being appointed.

I would hope that any hero, if they have a lead on a case and require support, would be able to lead a team, or ask someone who they believe is suitable to do so. I feel that imposing ranks in that situation may mean that someone will be making decisions who actually knows less about the case than a lower-ranking member.

Speaking for myself, if I was given the duty of leadership then I would try to fulfil it to my utmost but I believe I could only fail. We all have so many responsibilities that if we impose more then some are bound to falter. Alas, I cannot patrol the skies and greet new members at the same time, and I would feel bad to know I could not do my duty.

I admit these are only niggling concerns.

Of course, if the majority of our members feel the need for elected leaders, then I shall go with that decision. After all, it is the lot of groups that allow all its members to have an equal voice in a spirit of fraternity that sometimes a minority must abide by the decision of the majority. I only hope that doesn't change too, where a minority of leaders can overrule the majority of a 'lower-ranks'.

- Sol

oreso
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Echo 13 Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:13 am

I think that you've got the right track here, Simmons. Although I wonder whether the mediator should be one of the three, or someone independent. If we're formalising what who's currently doing what, then I think an independent mediator would be best.
~Athena Dawnlight~
Echo 13
Echo 13

Back to top Go down

Post  Aerial Assault Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:44 am

This poll has been temporarily postponed, concerning recent events.

- Aerial Assault
Aerial Assault
Aerial Assault

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down