Liberty Force
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old World Green

Go down

Old World Green Empty Old World Green

Post  Brightwel Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:58 am

With a flash of light, the figure of Monica appeared to the sight of deserted streets, the sound of howling wind and the feel of... radiation. Lot's of it. It was clear that this wasn't First Ward, one of the Liberty Force must have altered the Portal's coordinates. But this was of no concern to 134. Her troops had their own portal device, they would undoubtedly find her eventually. In the meantime, this world had a very rare effect on 134, it interested her. Clearly, some kind of disaster had happened here, nuclear from the feel of it, though the way the skyscrapers of what seemed to be Paragon were still intact suggested no bombs had been deployed. Spreading her arms and furrowing her brow in concentration, the Nuclear 90 set about creating a small squad of rad golems. She didn't think she would need the protection, but there wasn't much of an argument against not creating them either.

An hour or so later 134 was still wandering the perfectly preserved ruins of Steel Canyon. She had yet to see any signs of life, though regardless of where she went there was a constant level of strong background radiation. While it served to only strengthen her, it would kill an average adult with about an hour's exposure, give or take. Casually striding among the silent city, she eventually found herself in Blyde Square. Sitting down on one of the small pedestals, 134 began to think, an immensely uncommon thing for her to do, in the regular sense. What the hero had said to her before letting her through the portal... happiness, sadness, desire. Feelings. She was not lying when she said she normally felt no such thing, but to say she had never... that would be a lie. When she had escaped that cell and attacked the generator and in a select few other instances, she had felt. She was certainly curious, another rarity, but had no idea how to feel further, how to access such emotions. It was due to Monica, she was sure of it, elements of her human alter-ego poking through...

Time passed. In the hours that had rolled by, 134 had not moved an inch, the rad golems likewise remaining static and guarding the spot vigilantly. Suddenly, a single stone cracked against the floor, having fallen from the window of one of the eerily silent towers. Without a word, her eyes and the heads of the golems turned towards where the stone had fallen. Peering around herself, 134 found faintly glowing figures slowly inching towards her circle, armed with crude spears and some with what appeared to be rusty guns. Moments passed without any communication or motion before 134 rose to her feet, the tribesmen tensing. She slowly approached one, who in his apparent fascination with the brightly clad and clean women, failed to react. As she neared, 134 made no effort to avoid the man's spear and casually strolled onto it, impaling herself in the stomach. Unconcerned, she raised a palm in his direction and let forth a continuous wave of radiation. Frozen with curiosity, the old wrinkled man simply stood there as the waves washed over him, standing for a surprisingly long time before his skin began to steam and he eventually dropped dead. Pulling the spear head from her abdomen, she looked around at the other tribal's and expected a brawl to break out. Instead, they stared a little longer before dropping to their knees, heads to the ground. Now this, would be interesting...

Brightwel

Back to top Go down

Old World Green Empty Re: Old World Green

Post  Brightwel Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:48 am

There was barely enough light to illuminate the small stone corner, or the young girl slouched uncaring within it.
"They still have hope for you, it seems. One of them, at least" a voice cut through the deathly silence of the pitch black. The girl did not respond.
"If you do not even try to come out of there, then we will either be killed or left like this for eternity"
"...since when could we talk to each other?" the girl spoke up softly, the presence of her alter-personality lifting her just slightly from her pit of despair.
"I don't know. Because of you, I would imagine" responded the voice with the same lack of emotion it normally spoke with.
"...I don't care. So long as you exist, then what's the point? Knowing you could just take control at any time and hurt everyone I know! I couldn't bare to live so afraid all the time"
"Your choice, but I severely doubt I could keep you back forever if you did decide to come out of there. But like you say, there isn't any point. You don't want to live, and no matter where the meter may take me, they intervene and disrupt it. They're much more powerful than us. If you aren't going to come out though, then I have no choice but to keep trying until one of them kills us"
"..."
"I can see this conversation has also become pointless. I wonder if we shall talk again?" 134 stated with just a hint of curiosity before fading once again into the black. Monica lay still in her corner, and cried.

Brightwel

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum