Liberty Force
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Praetorian/Primal Counterpart shenanigans!

+7
Thunderar
Foxienne
Tyrannical
Brightwel
Echo 13
Aerial Assault
oreso
11 posters

Go down

Praetorian/Primal Counterpart shenanigans! Empty Praetorian/Primal Counterpart shenanigans!

Post  oreso Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:24 am

A number of folk have expressed interest in playing the dimensional counterpart of someone else's character, or offering their own character counterparts up for other people to play. So here's a thread for just that!

Note that counterparts can exist of -any- character. Even if your character comes from another dimension already! For example, Battle Maiden and Valkyrie are both empowered by items from Warrior Earth.

But! If you don't want a character to have a counterpart, then just don't include them!

Characters might be a little different across dimensions of course, up to and including powers. For example, Peacebringers probably never made it to Praetorian Earth, but that doesn't mean the Praetorian version of say, Prince Solar can't be a tech-powered hero or villain, or something. I mean, Ms. Liberty turns from a Martial Arts scrapper into a Gravity Dominator!

And doubles can have similar or opposite personalities! Or anything in between. Smile

---------------------

What to do!
Just put down your characters, and mark any free spaces for other people to grab!

If you see a space you want, reply with such in this thread and then get in contact with the player to arrange any details.

Note that once you've taken a counterpart character, they are -yours-! Your counterparts player might have some guidance on what they imagine your character to be, and maybe some little details about history or powers that'll help define them. But don't feel you need to live up to the original in anyway, or feel you need to ask permission to take the character in unexpected directions! That's part of the fun!

---------------------

Here's mine!
If you're curious about any of them, just holler at me. And most of the names are links to their wikipage! Take a look!

My already taken ones:
Primal / Praetorian
Starjet / Sunbolt (@Synth)
Alley / Blind Alley (@Chaos Bunny)
Bottle Rocket (@Chaos Bunny) / Bex Brooke (This might be interesting for folks who don't already know the original primal character Smile )
Overreactor / Pinup Girl (@Chaos Bunny)
Macbain (@Vaski) / Lucius Macbain
CX-1237 (@CX) / CX-n74
Venomary (@Venomary) / Bloody Mary

My free ones:
Primal / Praetorian
Alphaea / FREE!
Prince Solar / FREE!
Artemidos / FREE!
Neg-Zero / FREE!
Marshal Jones / FREE!

I've also invented/used the following, but they're free to be grabbed by others, I only made up the barest details:
Primal / Praetorian
Grunrihn (@Pearsh) / Mothi
TheThunderar (@Thunderer) / TheThundered

oreso
Admin

Back to top Go down

Praetorian/Primal Counterpart shenanigans! Empty Re: Praetorian/Primal Counterpart shenanigans!

Post  Aerial Assault Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:57 am

I'll add to this. So far, none of my major characters have Praetorian doppelgangers. Whilst most are available, i'll just go ahead and rule some out (Unless someone has a REALLY good idea):

Unavailable for Reasons:

Tomb Guard - (For reasons)
Eternal Dread - (Praetorian doppelganger is dead dead dead, never to return)
Steam Centurion - (Comes from a different dimension other than Primal/Praetorian so ...)

Avaliable:

Aerial Assault - (@Prince Arctic has created a doppelganger, but not a Praetorian one. The Praetorian one can still be done though)
Kronicus - (Search it on the Handbook)
Doctor Fallout - (Go crazy)
Executioner Cyrus - (Go crazy)
Daku Joutei/Zankokuna - (Go crazy)
The False Men/Man - (Go crazy)

And that's about it for 'major' characters.

Last edited by Aerial Assault on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Aerial Assault
Aerial Assault

Back to top Go down

Praetorian/Primal Counterpart shenanigans! Empty Re: Praetorian/Primal Counterpart shenanigans!

Post  Echo 13 Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:58 am

Interesting.

Here's mine too.

Taken:
Athena Dawnlight (Dimensionally Unique)
Dusk (Primal, Praetorian, and Carnie counterparts all taken)

Available:
Scarlet (Unknown which dimension she hails from.)
Everchange (Unknown which dimension it hails from.)
Protector 184 242 3/Feral, if anyone can remember her. (Primal)

Other:
Anything from Ares: Primal is Laniatus's domain, Praetorian is mine.
The Legion itself is a multiple-dimension group, presumably amalgamated into one.
Echo 13
Echo 13

Back to top Go down

Post  Brightwel Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:17 am

Potential for Dramaz! is always good!

My Available characters include:

-Spectral Shootist (note that he himself is Praetorian, so it would be his -Primal- counterpart)

-Cancellar

-Bombardment

-.net

Ion-X -is- available, but his Praetorian counterpart has already been made, used and was heavily wounded in some forum RP. I've got no problem with someone bringing him back, since he didn't necessarily die, but there wouldn't be that much freedom with his character.

Brightwel

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrannical Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:24 pm

So far I have only Irrelevant playing a double (and she's doing an ace job of it too!) so here are what I have avaialble so far Wink

TAKEN:
Hexecutrix/Sorcerette (@Irrelevant)
Solarflash/Lunarbolt (Both me)

AVAILABLE:
Ravenhawk - (Marcus Jackson)/(Syndicate Assassin)
Paragon Android/(Generic clockwork boss)*
Professor Kenter/(probably a sane scientist)*
Jin Akaza/(Samurai somethingy)
Nightscreecher - (Vicky Vamp)/(probably an animal fae like her, I have a working idea myself for this one Cool )

if theres any questions about these characters before you wish to try one, please do ask, I'll be happy to fill you in Smile

*Kenter created Paragon Android and 5 other unique robots (Rho being another by @Irrelevant)

Last edited by Tyrannical on Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tyrannical
Tyrannical

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxienne Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:33 am

Let me add stuff to the list!

Taken:

Venomary / Bloody Mary (@Oreso)
Foxienne / from another dimension and came here by accident so unless her double had the same accidenmt...
Yessica / Her double died so can't be used >.>

Free:

Mindy / ?
Feliny / ?
Awnya / ?
Thirscha / ?

Foxienne

Back to top Go down

Post  Thunderar Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:55 am

I really only have 3 characters that I would say deserve a Praetorian counterpart, for anyone else their backstorys are either too vague or simply non-existant to warrant that kind of attention. So here goes...

Andrew/The Thunderer: As Oreso said, he has already created a Praetorian counterpart so if you want to use him, I consider him 100% Oreso's creation, therefore...not my problem =P I am however willing to let anyone create other versions of him, from different dimensions, I really do love seeing different variations so go nuts!

Erez'Zul - I would say no, simply because I have plans for any counterparts he might have in the future.

Cosmic - I really only just created him so hes too new at the moment to do anything with, I haven't even developed him enough to find out what kind of person he really is, odd as that might sound to some. So until I develop the char some more, I'll say no, however if anyone ever has an idea they wanna pitch involving a duplicate, feel free to talk to me about it =)

And that's it, as I said, things like the Triplets are directly linked to Erez'Zul or any one off villains I make just don't have enough substance to them for a Praetorian counterpart.
Thunderar
Thunderar

Back to top Go down

Praetorian/Primal Counterpart shenanigans! Empty Praetorian Babel

Post  Arctic Princess Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:47 am

After a convo today, I will offer up Babel as free to be 'alt-Universed'.

Without wishing to put massive restrictions on her, and give the impression I am being precious about her, please remember the following:

Rogue Manipulator summoned her from Ancient Greece on Primal Earth. Therefore the likelihood of a Praetorian (specifically) counterpart with the same powers (if any) is a bit of a stretch. Well, it's a stretch for me anyway Laughing

I have a version of Babel in my head - but trust me, the likelihood of anyone making exactly the same creation is very slim ...

And I would like to bag Aerial Assault, if I may?

Mwaha, mwaha, mwahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Ahem

EDIT UPDATE:

Aerial Assault's 'alternative Universe' has been rolled by me - Sky Slammer hails from a dimension other from Praetoria and I may develop this further... You have been officially warned

Last edited by Arctic Princess on Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Arctic Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Irrelevant Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:38 am

Foxienne wrote:
Yessica / Her double died so can't be used >.>

Haha I feel terrible now. XD
To be fair, Veliza only thinks she's dead and it's comic book death anyway. So you don't really have to take her off the table if you don't want to.

- EDITED to include a list. I'm going to try to include some info about the chars, so that people that aren't familiar with them may have a general idea of what the original is about.

And like oreso stated, there's no need to have the counterparts anything near like the original character-wise. You've got creative freedom! I just wanted to give people a base.
Admittadly, it's also for my own benefit, as I've never really sat down and wrote out my chars bios before.
I apologize if this is long-winded. Embarassed

Taken
Sorcerette/Hexecutrix(@Tyrant 4 Prez, Tyrannasurus, or whatever his handle is these days. Laughing )

Up in the airTaken!(By T$ - who is doing an amazing job btw ^^ - Leaving the info here for now to help inspire myself to make a proper UV wiki page)
Gloranna (Ill/Rad Controller) - A whimsical sorceress who often performs shows as a stage magician. Less known to those outside of magical circles, is that she is an avid collector & trader of mystical artifacts and goods.

She often wears her stage outfits in public. Her horns and pointy tail suggest that she may be of demonic origin of some sort, though this has yet to be truly confirmed. She has admitted however, that she is much older than she looks. It's unknown where she is from, though she is currently renting a room in Pegasus Plaza.

She speaks exclusively in rhymes & riddles, & seems to be generally amused despite the situation. She also looooves to drink. Wine especially.
Gloranna is currently a member of the Liberty Force

The Clone Wars
I've just realized that I have a lot of chars that are clones or constructs of some sort. Razz

Unlimter (Empathy/Rad Defender) - Dizolis Sol, also known as Unlimiter, hails from the year [2XXX]. She is the last (#97) of a series of artificial metahumans created to aid the Earth Defense Force against [Insert terrible alien threat here - preferably a player created one].

As the metahuman population of this version of Earth was slim at this point, DNA for her creation was pulled from prominent metahumans (heroes & villains alike) of the past. (Our present - 'natch)
The funding for this ambitious project was made possible by [Insert ominous syndicate here - preferably a future version of The Corporation] ]

After the war was finally over, the [ominous syndicate] came to collect; wishing to use Dizolis' powers to strengthen their own forces & secure their position of conquest.
In a desperate effort, her creator/father-figure Dr. Parma Sol, wiped her memory and zapped her to the past (present day Paragon) so that she can live a new life free of burden.

Though possessing little offensive potential Diz is able to strengthen the abilities & potential of others for a limited time via a special type of solar energy. Though physically about 16 years old, she is technically a bit over 6.
Cheerful and friendly to a fault, she loves listening to others and doing whatever she can to help out. The recent calamity of Galaxy City has been a point of much distress for her. As such, she spends a lot of time helping out in various hospitals around Paragon, using her powers to help heal the wounded and consoling the distressed.
She bears a striking resemblance to Sunny White, the heroine known as Solarflash, whom she idolizes and considers a big sister. Diz has also begun following in her footsteps into the fashion industry.
Unlimiter is a proud member of The Forge.

Discard (DB/Fire Brute) - Marzolis Sol hails from the year [2XXX]. She was #91 of a series of artificial metahumans created to aid the Earth Defense Force against [Insert terrible alien threat here - preferably a player created one]. However, after being considered a failure for various reasons, she was discarded and deemed irrelevant. She was later picked up by [Insert ominous syndicate here - preferably a future version of The Corporation] ]to aid in their own agenda.

As the metahuman population of this version of Earth was slim at this point, scientists had attempted to create an artificial Incarnate; injecting her DNA with a synthetic version of the Flame of Prometheus. Unfortunately, her body was unable to completely adapt. The result has made her body and mind unstable.

After the war, Discard, as she came to be called, was sent back to the past to retrieve Dizolis Sol (Unlimiter). The two share a certain mental bond; one sometimes 'feels' things from the other. As such, Discard often refers to Diz as her 'conscious'.
She is loud, brash, and arrogant to an extreme, though has been known to show a softer side; possibly because of this link in part, though also due to her interactions with her colleges.

Discard knows her clock is ticking. She believes that Unlimiter's power holds the key to stabilizing her condition & has made it her personal mission to confront her to that end. Unfortunately, due to a chronological anomaly, the two are .433 seconds apart in time & as such cannot interact with each other directly.
Though around age 18 physically, Discard is technically around 8 years old.

She currently serves as one of the more volatile members of The Corporation. Despite some of her actions, she truly believes that their success not only holds the key to her own future, but possibly the future of the planet as well.

Possible Ideas
- Artificial Metas (I need to think of a name for them) #92, 93, 94, 95 or 0. (1 through 90 and 96 are deceased)

Luciana Crawford (Claws/Regen Brute) - (See personnel section for more info) A clone of the headstrong villain Lucius Macbain who in turn is the Praetorian counterpart to Foundry member Macbain.

Luciana appears almost emotionally blank on the outside, though in truth she just has difficulty expressing herself. Despite harboring a low self-opinion, being socially stunted & just generally quiet, Luci has managed to break out of her shell somewhat and form friendships, thanks to the influence of those around her.
She is more than willing to lay down her life for any one of them (and has almost succeeded a few times already)

In combat, she transforms into a focused machine, using her senses & instincts to take down her opponent as swiftly as possible. In light of recent events, she has just about resigned herself to the belief that fighting is her only real purpose, though there's still a part of her that struggles against that notion.
Luciana currently aids the Liberty Force against various threats while seeking her place in the world.

Possible Ideas
- One of the 'Luciana Clones' from Oreso's awesome AE arc (I forget the name >.<- The spiked Enriche Plot) that may have survived/escaped.
* I find humor in the fact that any character who stemmed from this would essentialy be Macbain the 4th. Laughing

Rho (Claws/Elec Brute) - (Ty pretty much explained this in his post, so I'll try not to droll on like my others so far >.<) RHO (Robotic Humanoid Organism) one of several robots created by the eccentric Professor Kenter. Originally designed more for domestic functions, she was later modified to be quite capable in combat out of necessity. She is also able to take on a digital form for short periods of time, though it is highly taxing on her chassis.

Rho aids The Corporation by proxy of assisting the Professor. She is often a sparring/training partner for Ray Hammerfall. She is calm, patient (you have to be to deal with Kenter) & efficient. She is also very emotionless; at least on the surface.
In reality it's just an act to hide the fact that she installed an Emotion Chip into her mainframe; a gift from her 'brother' Paragon Android
Though all but impossible, Rho secretly desires to one day have a child of her very own.

Possible Ideas
- Another Kenter created 'Master Robot'
- Praetorian Rho (created by Praetorian Kenter)
- Rho's child

Others that are free (I'll try to add more detailed info later)

Shiranui (Insane Kunoichi Suspect )

Possible Ideas
- Praetorian Counterpart
- Member of her Clan
- Fortunata Cousin (Used to be my Widow on Virtue until I moved Shiranui here -Decided to keep the tidbit that she has family in Arachnos cannon though for the lulz)

Sablestar (Wayward Warshade confused )

Possible Ideas
- Praetorian Counterpart ( I don't think Kheldians actually exist in Praetoria though? So she could be almost anything)

I'm sorry for the long-windedness. Embarassed There's actually several more chars that I can add later if need be, though I guess these are the more prominent ones for now. Feel free to send a yell!

Last edited by Irrelevant on Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:56 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated taken list)
Irrelevant
Irrelevant

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxienne Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:21 pm

Don't worry about it, it's perfectly fine if she stays dead too! unless someone really really wants to play her I guess Smile

Foxienne

Back to top Go down

Post  @SP Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:52 am

My only char available for this would be Will. Now, Praetorian Will already has a bit of backstory, and is an extremely sadistic bastard. Will believes him to be dead following their last encounter. So *obviously* he won't turn up at the wrong moment and make trouble for everyone

If you're intersted, contact me and i'll fill you in on the juicy details

@SP

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrannical Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:31 am

I'll go ahead and get the ball rolling then, out of all the characters I know in depth (and thats a few) I think I'll try my hand at Praetorian Yessica, with permission of course Very Happy

Figured she's the more logical choice of in-depth characters I'd like to play, especially with the drama it could cause Wink

(and my characters are still up there for grabs! please take them... please Razz )
Tyrannical
Tyrannical

Back to top Go down

Post  oreso Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:37 am

Please do update posts! I know, for example, that Praetorian AA is now taken?

oreso
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chaos Bunny Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:34 pm

*sneaks in*

I plan to bring my Becky out to meet Bex sometime around the New Year (you know when not all busy busy with the festive season). Not sure if it'll be random encounter, arranged meetup or Becks' (not so) triumphant return to crime!

I have enough alts so I will resist looking at lists of availabilities for now, but add a few of my own, these are my characters that I think may be known by some of you:

Taken:

Aquis / Tempestuous (@Alcione)
Hella Hardcore / Have vague plotty plans
Irradiant / Dead

Free:

Candy Raver / Free
Fairy Cake / Free
Kawaii Nekobot / Terrin / Free (As is known to some people already Terrin is an alternate dimension counterpart to one of my characters, but not Praetorian, so there could be a third Kimiko Negami.)
Radiation Burn / Free
Wyld Card / Free

Plus, alt mountain. Feel free to ask me if you're interested in another of them or want more details on any of the above.
Chaos Bunny
Chaos Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrannical Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:34 am

Irrelevant has gratefully allowed me to play Praetorian Gloranna, cheers! ^_^
Tyrannical
Tyrannical

Back to top Go down

Post  Brightwel Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:41 am

Just to throw it out there, but as Cimerora and the latest Who Will Die? suggest, there isn't only dimensional counterparts but temporal ones as well. I think it's now safe to say that Imperious being Statesman's past temporal counterpart is firmly canon, which makes the whole concept canon. As such, it might be an interesting idea to make temporal counterparts as well as dimensional counterparts to our own characters!

Brightwel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum